This page lists errors, unintended behavior, and glitches found in PD2. Some major vanilla bugs are also listed.
Bugs introduced in PD2 due to new features
Note that both attribute ranges and lootfilters are handled by PD2's open-source version of BH, which anyone may submit improvements for. The discord's #lootfilter channel may be a good place to learn more about it if you have questions, since devs and editors often frequent the channel and discuss BH-related changes there.
- Attribute ranges on tooltips are sometimes incorrect
- When multiple affixes add the same attribute, only a single affix's attribute range is shown.
- The attribute range can often show values for a different affix that adds the same attribute, even if that affix might not be able to roll on that particular item.
- The 50% Damage to Undead automod for blunt weapons isn't included in the attribute's range.
- Runeword tooltips don't account for the stat gained from a rune if the runeword itself adds the same stat. (e.g. Chains of Honor shows [35-45] all res but is actually 50-60 since Um adds +15)
- Some corruptions don't display a red indicator next to the corrupted stat.
- Several additional cases exist for this issue, but are not well documented.
- Lootfilter issues:
- The quantity shown with %QTY% doesn't update correctly sometimes when using cube recipes with stacked gems/runes.
- If the lootfilter attempts to hide stacked gems/runes, they'll usually be loaded regardless and appear with an empty name.
- Magic items without a prefix/suffix will have an extra space in their name where the prefix/suffix name would be, making the overall name appear slightly off-center.
- Some items have their default color built into %NAME%, so their color won't change unless their name is rewritten completely.
- The GEMLEVEL condition doesn't apply to unstacked flawless/perfect gems like it intuitively should. (individual item codes can be used instead as a workaround)
- Conditions values get converted to unsigned integers before comparison, which means negative values count backward from the maximum storeable value (a few billion) rather than counting backward from 0 (multiple workarounds exist)
- Notification keywords bypass the normal rule-handling procedure. (BH quirk, no problems if it's known about when editing notifications)
- In some cases, items that are correctly shown (name not hidden) on the ground under normal circumstances can become hidden/unloaded after leaving the area and returning. This should only occur with items that aren't shown (name hidden) under normal circumstances. Presumably, the bug can also occur with items dropped by monsters, which makes it impossible to know how prevalent the bug is since players won't be given any indication something is amiss - being unable to find specific items can reasonably be attributed to poor luck. The cause and scope of the bug is undetermined, but it was reproducible in the few instances that it was noticed by lootfilter authors.
- In some cases where MAPID is used, items that would normally be correctly hidden can be shown instead when moving from an area where they should be shown to an area where they should be hidden. (such as from town to a map via a portal) In these cases, the items will be re-hidden after walking far enough away in the same area and returning.
- The 1H code doesn't include Hand Axe.
- Items in the multiplayer shared stash incorrectly have the EQUIPPED flag set if they begin the game there.
- Strange bug involving SHOP:
ItemDisplay[NMAG SHOP]: %NAME%show shop items
ItemDisplay[NMAG (NORM OR EXC)]:hide unwanted items
- The first rule breaks the second rule, even though there's no %CONTINUE% involved. Instead of hiding those items, they show up as blank text boxes.
- Upgrading an ethereal item may reduce its current durability by a seemingly random amount. This might just mean that it gets rerolled, and that the reroll range is within the vanilla durability range (half the non-ethereal range) instead of the standard PD2 range.
- When some skills that were previously right-click-only are used on left-click, they don't interact with exits/entrances or other objects. As a workaround, rebind to right-click or use weapon swap to quickly switch left-click skills.
- Skills changed to work with left-click (as of S4): Lightning Sentry, Mind Blast, Psychic Hammer, Battle Cry, War Cry, Raven, Summon Grizzly, Fissure, Volcano, Amplify Damage, Poison Nova, Meteor, Hydra, Static Field, Telekinesis, Nova, Teleport, Frost Nova, Blizzard ...many more changed in S5
The following bugs were copied from the #known-bugs channel on PD2's Discord server:
- cubing three Bastion Keep Maps or three Horazon's Memory Maps with a cartographers orb becomes a white axe sometimes (happens inconsistently with any t1 maps)
- leaving uber tristram or dying in uber tristram is causing disconnects
- barbarians are sometimes disconnecting from whirlwind or leap (happens while using the skill when transitioning into a new area)
- some critical strike passives from character skills are not properly applying to the advanced sheet (e.g. Barbarian weapon masteries, Assassin claw/dagger mastery, Amazon javelin/spear mastery, oskills from The Gladiator's Bane/Insight/Peace, etc ...everything except the natural Critical Strike skill itself)
- cobra strike on shadow warrior and shadow master uses kick instead
- PlugY: Having too many items in a stash page with many affixes (especially maps) can cause a crash if that page is the most recently visited stash page
- PlugY: Having gold in the shared stash can cause issues, preventing oskills and other stats from working correctly
- PlugY: The "toggle stash" button may be set to the wrong stash upon loading until interacting with the current stash - putting an item on a higher page (such as page 200) in whichever stash is loaded first seems to fix it in many cases
- Andariel quest bug (vanilla bug - fixed in multiplayer)
Other singleplayer differences:
- New endgame content (e.g. Rathma in S4) may be ladder-only during the season it's introduced, so it won't be available in singleplayer during that time (there are no such differences in S5)
- The shared stash is not enabled for singleplayer since PlugY already includes its own which has more features suited for offline play
Bugs found in vanilla and PD2
- Multiple corpse bug - rejoining a game with more than one corpse will result in only the highest value corpse being carried over and items on all other corpses being lost
- Corpse limit bug - only ~15 corpses can exist simultaneously, so if a player dies while wearing gear and at the corpse limit, the gear will be lost even without rejoining a game
- Strength bug - gear not visible to other players; may also contribute to losing items when there are multiple corpses
- IAS weapon swap bug - equipping two weapons in a specific way will make the slower weapon use the faster weapon's speed
- Broken-offhand-whirlwind (BOW) bug - when dual-wielding and using whirlwind, if the offhand weapon is broken (0 durability) and has 1 gemmed socket (to prevent it from disappearing), the mainhand weapon is used as both the mainhand and offhand weapons
- Failed-to-Join (FTJ) bug
- Next-hit-always-misses (NHAM) bug
For a more complete list of vanilla bugs, see wikis dedicated to vanilla. The Amazon Basin wiki does an especially good job, with bugs typically written in red in their relevant categories. Another example is this list of 200+ bugs that focuses on what should be fixed for D2: Resurrected.
For bugs fixed in PD2, see General Changes.